Solved

Hans, wondering from Belgium

Userlevel 4

Hi Wonder Community!

My name is Hans De Four. I live in the very authentic city of Ghent, Belgium.

I am an educational entrepreneur, having created several successful platforms and events for teachers to connect and exchange expertise. I used to be a maths teacher but the invention of the internet changed my life and drive, realizing the potential of the internet to connect and network.

The Wonder platform has been very useful for my projects and activities, connecting teachers, edtech partners, keynotes … I’ve used Wonder several times already, mainly for conferences with almost 1000 participants. I combine Wonder with Veertly, Zoom, Conversation Starter and Padlet to create a unique, interactive event.

Please share how you integrate Wonder into other platforms to stimulate interaction.

icon

Best answer by erikW 6 September 2021, 16:37

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4

@Hans 

I would love to see how you integrate the different software platforms with wonder.me.

We have been doing things the old fashioned way with different challenges or icebreakers, but the participants are mobile.  For example:

• find someone who speaks the same native language as you
  • find someone that has the same number of siblings as you
  • find someone with the same major as you

I would really like to expand to integrating more interactive platforms and include team trivia.​​​​​​

Userlevel 3

@Hans

I would love to see how you integrate the different software platforms with wonder.me.

We have been doing things the old fashioned way with different challenges or icebreakers, but the participants are mobile.  For example:

• find someone who speaks the same native language as you
  • find someone that has the same number of siblings as you
  • find someone with the same major as you

I would really like to expand to integrating more interactive platforms and include team trivia.​​​​​​

A everyday challenge this is - and depending the participants sometimes one thing works and the next time not. But I try as well mostly to bring old fashioned analog movments and play into it, as I notice it does good to people not having to cope with a other digital tool.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Very nice to have you here, @Hans! And amazing you’ve been using Wonder with so many people! Also really happy that all of you are discussing here. Thanks for contributing! 🥰

Userlevel 4

@Heiner 

Absolutely, that's always a challenge.  One group may totally engage and the next group not.

Badge +1

Great to see you here, Hans! 👋

Userlevel 4

@simekjb @Heiner I’ve found some time to explain the setup.

Especially the second event was quite innovative, with the impact we had hoped for. See the last link below (in Dutch) to see the integration of Veertly, Wonder, Zoom, Conversation Starter, … in action.

For the events I organised, I created some - quite long - screencasts to explain all features of Wonder and the event tool I’ve used. I’ve linked them below, but they are in Dutch. Tip: LearnDutch :wink:

The first event in January 2021 was only in Wonder, for 600 teachers who could join during one day at a moment that suited them best. More than 400 have watched the video which was an enormous help for our live support during the event. We almost didn’t have any questions. I guess I could convince all our attendees to win time by watching the videos first:

The second event in May 2021 was in Veertly. I used Wonder as the lobby where people entered the online event and could visit the areas where some educational partners presented the offer. Think of a live event where you enter via the fair with stands, grab a coffee, meet some people while waiting for the first workshop you’ve subscribed for or for a keynote presenting to everyone.

I’ve used Zoom Webinar for 9 keynotes during three days and Zoom Meetings for about 250 online workhops during five days. The event lasted a whole week. We had 1400 attendees, on average 400 per day.

We also integrated Conversation Starter to have one-to-one pre-booked meetings on Wednesday and a Padlet for a contest.

Every event platform I know misses the interactivity of Wonder. Veertly is a flexible event tool that allows you to integrate other tools and make your own event. Very cool! Combining all these platforms also means you’ll have to invest a bit more, but it is worth it :)

@simekjb  @Heiner Have a look at this video wherein I explained the complete setup and guided our attendees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COrdM5wC77U

Userlevel 4

@Hans 

Thank you for the detailed information.  It is very helpful.

Userlevel 3

@simekjb @Heiner I’ve found some time to explain the setup.

@simekjb  @Heiner Have a look at this video wherein I explained the complete setup and guided our attendees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COrdM5wC77U

Thanks @Hans  for all these infos.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Hans really great stuff in here, I remember your events specifically :) thanks for typing it all out.

Can I add the videos to our knowledge center?

Userlevel 4

@WonderMichael Of course you can. Thanks!!!Mention me, so I can be found should somebody have questions.  

Userlevel 1

I attended this event. Everything ran smoothly.

Top organization.

Kind regards, 

Erik