Hi, Hallo, hola, ciao, olá, bonjour!

Userlevel 3

Hi, my name is Anke, I am head of German at the National University of Río Cuarto in Argentina.  I got introduced to wonder at an online conference earlier this year and have since used it in my language classes for oral practice - students love it. 

I am also codirecting a project of (virtual) language tables “Pluriparla”, which started  in 2019 and continued last year on zoom.  Students of the major “Tecnicatura en Lenguas” moderate conversation “tables” in 6 different languages: English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, French and Italian.  The virtual space offers our students the opportunity to mix with native speakers and language learners from all over the world.  For our upcoming September edition of Pluriparla we´re planning to use wonder, with areas for the 6 languages and conversation circles.  

If you´re interested in participating (for yourself or your students), let me know - the more diverse the participants, the more interesting the event!

10 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi, my name is Anke, I am head of German at the National University of Río Cuarto in Argentina.  I got introduced to wonder at an online conference earlier this year and have since used it in my language classes for oral practice - students love it. 

I am also codirecting a project of (virtual) language tables “Pluriparla”, which started  in 2019 and continued last year on zoom.  Students of the major “Tecnicatura en Lenguas” moderate conversation “tables” in 6 different languages: English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, French and Italian.  The virtual space offers our students the opportunity to mix with native speakers and language learners from all over the world.  For our upcoming September edition of Pluriparla we´re planning to use wonder, with areas for the 6 languages and conversation circles.  

If you´re interested in participating (for yourself or your students), let me know - the more diverse the participants, the more interesting the event!

Hola @AnkeH sounds very interesting your “pluriparla” project. September is for me not possible, otherwise I would have loved to be part of the German-table (if allowed as a Swiss-German-nativ speaker ;-) )

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

amazing what you’re doing @AnkeH! Excited for you to share your events on language and conversation with the community. 🌎

Userlevel 3

@Heiner, it would be great to have a Swiss German join the German table - I´ll let you know about future events.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

just following up, @Heiner and @AnkeH; were you able to connect? 😊

Also, @Heiner, I actually just learned this Swiss word the other day: ohrenläuten, meaning your ears are ringing/getting louder when someone comes into the room and you were talking about them, right? 🧐👂🔔 

Userlevel 3

@Heiner, it would be great to have a Swiss German join the German table - I´ll let you know about future events.

Do that @AnkeH - if it fits in I love to be part of it.

@Wonder-ful_Andrew Ohrenläuten goes somewhere in the direction you mentionned, but the “ears ring” with the person spoken about, the people caught speaking about somebody absent may get red faces if caught. :sunglasses:
A similar one is “ohrensausen”, that you may get if someone slapped you into the face :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

achsoooo @Heiner ! thanks for the explanation! I need to work on my Swiss German! 🇨🇭

Userlevel 3

@Heiner, and anyone else interested, here´s the flyer and some information about our next Pluriparla event, on wonder.  Our students are working on a tutorial (in Spanish) for using Wonder, which I will share once it´s ready. 

Userlevel 3

@AnkeH Thanks in September it won’t be possible for me to be part of it.  But inform me again and as soon as possible I will join. Question to the Thime-Zone when you write 15:00 to 16:30 this will be argentina time, that means 20:00 - 21:30 Central european time. Do you as well change time summer/Winter - as we will go back one hour End of Oktober. But this is a minor detail.
Regards and take care

Userlevel 3

@Heiner , yes, you told me Septmern would be difficult.  Time zone is Argentine time - we don´t have daylight saving time, so it´s 5 hours difference to CEST and 4 to CET.  Not sure when you guys change from summer to winter time...

Userlevel 3

@Heiner , yes, you told me Septmern would be difficult.  Time zone is Argentine time - we don´t have daylight saving time, so it´s 5 hours difference to CEST and 4 to CET.  Not sure when you guys change from summer to winter time...

Thanks for clarifications - we change last night Saterday to sunday in October this year on 31st October. at 3 in the morning clocks will be put back to two oclock ;-) we get back the hour stolen in March.