Question

How to turn off/remove Andrew from my space?

• 21 December 2021
  • 13 replies

Andrew pre-recorded video appeared this morning in our space and I’d like to turn it off. How can I do this?

Many thanks,

13 replies

Userlevel 5

@aime-p Aime, nooo! Don’t turn me off please!!! 🙈😀

All joking aside, there’s no way to disable me inside the Space. But this pre-recorded video will only pop-up when there is one person inside the Space - just to let them know they’re not alone; as soon as another person joins, the Andrew Avatar will leave.

We’re always trying to learn and make Wonder better and better! May I ask the reason why you’d prefer to turn the video off? Perhaps others have similar feelings. 😊

@Wonder-ful_Andrew I knooowwww I’m sorryyy!
Could you at least move in our Lounge area instead of being in our Meeting area? 😉

Here’s the reason: we are not using Wonder to organize events. We are using it to host our Weekly Planning, Weekly Review, co-working session and meeting with work colleague. Therefor, everybody in the organization know how to use Wonder 😊

Looks like there was a bug yesterday: I had a meeting with someone (we where two in the room) and you where still there. Today was different though: you leaved when my colleague showed up.

Keep on the good work you are doing!

Userlevel 5

HI @Wonder-ful_Andrew

We love you and think you are wonderful.  But you didn’t leave after we had 2 people.  In fact, you hung out for about an hour.  This was about 2 hours ago.     It was a bit creeper-ish.   We felt bad for you alone without a circle, but you would always interrupt us when we went near you.

Happy Holidays!

Jodi

Userlevel 5

hey @aime-p, thanks for all of this info! @simekjb, I’m not creepy, I promise! 😀

So, AndrewBot IS supposed to leave once another person enters the Space; we’ve found a little bug and are working on fixing it ASAP! Thank you both for reporting this and sorry for crashing your parties! 🙈

All the best,

Real Andrew   

Userlevel 5

@aime-p and @simekjb and to all those reading! 📚

AndrewBot has already been fixed! This is also how he works:

1) If you are alone in the Space, you'll see AndrewBot. Once another person joins the Space, AndrewBot will leave.
2) If you're in a Circle with AndrewBot while another person joins the Space, the video will play until the end before AndrewBot leaves. Alternatively, if you leave the Circle to go Speak to the other person, AndrewBot will leave.

Wishing everyone and very merry holiday season and looking forward to seeing you all on the community in the new year! 💙

Userlevel 5

Awesome!

But, what happens when @Wonder-ful_Andrew  and AndrewBot meet? 

Do we need to worry that "the encounter could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy" or is it just the joy of two Andrews?

;). Have a great holiday!

Userlevel 5

@simekjb  When I find myself a bit lonely in the Guided Tour Space, I just go over to myself and hang out; I don’t even consider the time paradox 😜

Userlevel 1

@Wonder-ful_Andrew: I appreciate and totally get why you have created AndrewBot.  That said, having you/your face sitting there is jarring/creepy.  It creates a sense that Wonder.me staff is invading your space and potentially listening in.  (Again, I totally understand that this isn’t happening and that the bot disappears when another person arrives and that it’s just a bot.)

You can achieve the same desired affect by using a CGI avatar.  It would be better if you had an animated video message, but for the moment, you could keep your Andrew video.  The CGI avatar will convey “bot” rather than “actual person”.

Userlevel 5

It is great that you are comfortable with yourself like that..  :joy:      ha ha ha :) 

Userlevel 5

@sks thank you very, very much for this feedback; it’s been noted down and will definitely be discussed! 

I promise to bring it up, although I am a bit bias 🙈

Userlevel 1

No problem!  To clarify, I recommend this be a generic bot, not a CGI “Andrew”.  This is akin to “Hey Google” or “Hey Siri” or “Hey Cortana”, rather than “Hey Sergey”, “Hey Steve/Tim”, “Hey Bill/Satya”.  We’re comfortable and accustomed to interacting with things that are obviously bots.  You can simply make the avatar your logo and call it “Wonder”.  I recommend always placing in the center of the screen, which is again a signal that this is just an automated feature.

Userlevel 2

@aime-p Aime, nooo! Don’t turn me off please!!! 🙈😀

All joking aside, there’s no way to disable me inside the Space. But this pre-recorded video will only pop-up when there is one person inside the Space - just to let them know they’re not alone; as soon as another person joins, the Andrew Avatar will leave.

We’re always trying to learn and make Wonder better and better! May I ask the reason why you’d prefer to turn the video off? Perhaps others have similar feelings. 😊

I would love to be able to create our own “Andrewbots”.  Is there a way for us to create an avatar that will run a pre-recorded video when a guest gets close to it?

Userlevel 1

Hi @hssharpe 

Currently you cannot create your own avatar with a pre-recorded video. But, indeed, this an amazing idea and I thank you! Will definitely share it with our tech team! 😊

Best,
Shalini