Blog

All-new ways to host your event with ✨Broadcast 2.0✨

All-new ways to host your event with ✨Broadcast 2.0✨

Hello Everyone ! 

By now, you’re probably familiar with Broadcast mode on Wonder aka “how you can speak to the whole Space at once”.

Hosts have been using it to:
📣  share a welcome message with the Space
📣  give a presentation to the whole Space
📣  host panel discussions
📣  moderate events

What’s new?

Broadcasting used to be limited to hosts; in Broadcast 2.0, anyone can participate in a Broadcast.

Give it a try now! Follow this link to your Spaces 💫

Here are a few ways Broadcast 2.0 can improve your next Wonder event:

• Q&A sessions: Mimic IRL Q&As by opening up the floor for face-to-face questions from the audience. This lets hosts interact with guests live, inviting more spontaneity and engagement during your event.

“We had participants strike up conversations with people from the audience that asked a question on Broadcast. This would not have happened if this question was only asked via chat. And finally, I was able to see people from the audience myself!” - Jill, Digital Event Strategist

• Panel discussions: Hosts can now invite multiple guest speakers to join a Broadcast.

“I used to be worried during events with a lot of guest speakers, I didn’t want them to misuse their host access. Now I can invite them to speak during a Broadcast without having to give share my host link.” - Dennis, Service Design Lead

• All-hands: Teams can join a Broadcast one at a time, whenever it’s their turn to present.

“With Broadcast 2.0, we started running our company all-hands on Wonder. We use Broadcast for presentations, and then during breaks people can mingle in the Space.” - Matthew, Internal Events Manager

• Workshops: Attendees can take turns presenting their work.

“We are using Wonder Circles to split teams up during a workshop. We now also use Broadcast to have each team show what they did.” - Boris, Workshop Facilitator

More good news: So more people can Broadcast simultaneously, we’ve increased capacity from 6 to 13 people!

How do you add people to a Broadcast?

Hosts can invite anyone to Broadcast via the participant list or people can ask to join from the toolbar. Hosts get notified when there’s a request, and can see an overview in the participant list.

For a more detailed walk-through, check out our Help Center article-

Happy Broadcasting!

Your Wonder Team

Hi everyone, nice to meet you.
I'm Boris, product manager at Wonder.
Our team has worked on Broadcast, and we're curious to hear what you think of it!

Hi everyone, nice to meet you.
I'm Boris, product manager at Wonder.
Our team has worked on Broadcast, and we're curious to hear what you think of it!

Hi Boris,

Broadcast 2.0 works like a charm.

However, it will be modern and relevant (as claiming Broadcast 2.0), to be able display participant’s questions in a nice bottom banner on host’s video screen.

That said, very useful for participant that are not comfortable to go on stage, or participants who need to elaborate/clarify their questions.

Thanks ;-)

Hi westkast,

Thanks for your feedback. We are researching different ways of adding a managed Q&A system to Wonder. 

For now, I can only suggest to use the chat for this. 

Boris